6 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew About Orient Mako Automatic FEM65001MW Men’s Watch
If you’re a watch aficionado, chances are you know a thing or two about Orient Mako Automatic FEM65001MW. The Japanese brand has been producing timepieces since 1911, with the goal of making “watches that offer the utmost in quality and functionality for an affordable price”.
Today we want to tell you about Orient’s automatic FEM65001MW model, which features a 41.5mm stainless steel case attached to a solid stainless-steel bracelet. The watch is powered by an in-house 46943 Caliber self-winding movement that oscillates at a frequency of 21,600 beats per hour. It operates in both manual winding and automatic winding modes.
The orange dial has silver-tone hands and markers and a date function at 3 o’clock. It also has a screw-down crown and push-button folding clasp with double push-button safety. The watch is water resistant to 200 meters, 50% more than the 100 meters that Orient’s FEM65001MW model offers.
Here are some interesting things we’ve discovered about the Orient Mako FEM65001MW Automatic Watch in our research.
1. It’s the first in-house automatic movement from Orient. The FEM65001MW is a pretty amazing automatic watch that looks quite good on its own. The beefy size and unique design make it a very attractive watch for fans of this brand.
2. It uses the screw-down crown design common among Orient models and is water-resistant to 200 meters. The FEM65001MW has a screw-down crown for adjusting the mainspring. This design allows Orient Watch to stay water resistant even after diving down to 200 meters.
3. The stainless-steel bracelet uses the self-locking mechanism – and it’s a bit different from Orient’s standard “push button locking” system. In the FEM65001MW, two push buttons lock and unlock the clasp.
4. The watch is available in two versions. One with a silver dial and silver hands while the other has an orange dial and matching silver hands. If you don’t like orange, you can always opt for modish black as a color option for both models.
5. The watch has an oversized crown for a comfortable grip. The FEM65001MW has a screw-down crown, which gives you the ability to turn it open and closed to adjust its time settings. With this large crown, you have plenty of room to nudge the mainspring when set at the base of the crown.
6. Finally, we’ve discovered something quite intriguing. The watch not only looks great with its orange dial and stainless-steel bracelet, but it also has the functionality you get from Orient’s top-of-the-line automatic watches. So, if you are in the market for a stylish, yet affordable automatic watch and want to try out some new things, the Orient Mako Automatic FEM65001MW is a good option.